I’m pleased to announce a new open source project for a room booking system – it’s basically a backend to the excellent fullcalendar.js jQuery plugin, using cfWheels as the back end.
- All (well most) configuration done via database settings
- Uses the DBMigrate plugin for cfWheels for easy future updates
- Uses the FullCalendar.js month/day/week views
- Allows for multiple locations, which can be filtered from the main view
- Each location can be colour coded, and have room layout options
- Allows you to bulk create events, so easy to add placeholders for repeating series
- Completely configurable via web interface, all you need to do is setup a datasource called ‘roombooking’
- Has a theme switcher so you can use/try any theme on http://bootswatch.com/
- Can send confirmation emails on a new booking
You can download the code from gitHub – https://github.com/neokoenig/RoomBooking or try a demo at http://roombooking.oxalto.co.uk. Some screenshots below. Full documentation at http://roombooking.readme.io/
Feel free to contribute or log a bug at https://github.com/neokoenig/RoomBooking – hopefully it’ll be useful for someone!