I think I’m slightly over the top happy that I’ve got Railo working now..
All thanks to Jordan Michaels’s beta installer (get on the Google Railo Beta list to get access – http://groups.google.com/group/railo-beta/) which worked perfectly.
Had a couple of hiccups, but they were completely my own fault – I was getting a 503 error whenever I tried to serve a .cfm page; checked the logs, and low and behold TomCat couldn’t start: something was using port 8080. (A java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080 error)
A quick “netstat -anp | grep 8080” command, and lo and behold, I’d set Apache to listen on 8080 in the http.conf.
Took that out, and restart apache/railo, and all is happy.
Now I’ve just got to read up on Railo security, and pop a bit more RAM In the VPS (it sits at about 140MB with railo/mysql/tomcat and the OS), oh and test *everything*.
As Hannibal would say – “I love it when a plan comes together” 🙂